What is a CoffeeScript Application?
History of the CoffeeScript Application
On December 13, 2009, Jeremy Ashkenas developed this language and made the first git. Initially, he wrote it in the Ruby language. Then in March 2010, the committed version 0.5 replaced the former. CoffeeScript language was used instead of Ruby. In December 2010, version 1.0 was released and 2.0 in 2017. The aim of the final version is to
- also to preserve the clean syntax as well. It became a massive hit after its inclusion in Ruby on Rails
Why should you go for a CoffeeScript development?
CoffeeScript provides a lot of advantages. Here is a list of its benefits that show why you should go for it.
- The first benefit is that it is easy to understand. You can easily understand the syntax. So you can write clear codes easily.
- The next important advantage is that it is reliable. It is safe to write all programs. You can create dynamic web pages without worrying about safety and reliability.
- It is of great advantage to the developers. They like it because they have to write less.
- Codes are easily readable.
- Codes are not only easily readable but also easy to maintain.
- There is no need to worry about problematic symbols like semicolons. Also, you just have to use white spaces for differentiating block codes.
- You need not use the VAR keyword to create a variable script. So it is of great help to programmers.
- It is a great way to work with variables and functions as it consists of splats.
- It is a pretty language without many difficult clauses.
Does CoffeeScript have any disadvantages?
It does have a few limitations but they are nothing when compared to its multiple benefits. There is one important limitation and it is the sensitivity to the white spaces. Programmers should be very careful about the white spaces. If you don’t maintain proper indentation, then the complete code may go wrong. This is the biggest concern.
Also Read: How Much Does It Cost to Develop a Voice Chat App like Clubhouse?
What is the future of CoffeeScript?